The Iosco Exploration Trail is dedicated to providing additional recreation opportunities in Iosco County by way of a nonmotorized pathway. This trail will encourage outdoor enthusiasts, sport enthusiasts, and give way for more natural beauty enjoyment by tourists and the local community. As part of the Michigan Iron Bell Trail, we are thrilled to be connecting communities and smaller trails to become a part of the bigger economic picture. We believe in active living, outdoor recreation, and providing a safe place to do this. Our work includes encouraging a healthier more active lifestye, bike safety, environmental conservation, preservation, and promotion of beautiful Iosco County and all the wonderful sites it holds. The Iosco Exploration Trail Committee is actively working to fund and support the maintenance of the IET for years to come.
We believe in…
- Outdoor recreation – Get outside and exercise. Experience wildlife, enjoy the natural environment, breathe fresh air and have fun.
- Making connections – To nature, to work, to school, to people, to places, to ourselves- now and forever.
- Sustainable transportation – Empower individuals and decision makers to make choices that benefit personal and community economics and the environment.
- Equitable access – Always open and safe for everyone.
- Improving health – Active transportation and outdoor recreation improves community health and personal well-being.
Happy, active people enjoying a world-class trail system.
The Iosco Exploration Trail organization has worked hand in hand with the following organizations since the group’s inception:
- AuSable Township
- Consumers Energy Hydro
- Consumers Energy Land Management
- Hale Area Association
- Helen Laidlaw Foundation
- Iosco County Community Foundation
- Iosco County Parks and Recreation
- Iosco Road Commission
- MDNR Recreation Specialists
- NDOT North Region Planner
- NEMCOG and Heritage Route US 23
- Oscoda AuSable Convention Visitors Bureau
- Plainfield Township
- Top of Michigan Trails – Iron Belle Trail Council
- US Forest Service
- Wilber Township
- Oscoda Township